Utah Search and Rescue Task Force's Alan Wright works his dog Heidi Sept 24, 2005, at the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department training center in Dallas. They were waiting for an assignment from FEMA to help after Hurricane ...
WEST POINT, Utah -- A teenager was arrested on Thursday in the deaths of his two younger brothers, ages 4 and 10, at the family home in a Utah subdivision of new houses and tidy lawns, police ...
lead the pack of solar photovoltaic companies in Hawaii so far this year. Through April, the home security installation giant has managed to slay the top Hawaii companies with the largest share of the $160.6 million in stated value of PV projects for all of Oahu, according to an analysis of data from the City and County of Honolulu Department of Planning and Permitting. Of that total, the top ...
By Becky Bratu, Staff Writer, NBC News A 15-year-old in Utah was arrested Thursday in the deaths of his two younger brothers, ages 4 and 10, police said.Authorities are treating the case as a double ...
Police in an Ogden, Utah, suburb said Thursday they believe a 15-year-old boy "acted alone" in killing his 4-year-old and 10-year-old adopted brothers. Davis County sheriff's detectives told reporters they took the 15-year-old into custody Wednesday night, hours after the two victims were found dead in their West Point, Utah, home, The Salt Lake Tribune reported. Sheriff Todd ...
64.0°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the SW at 13.2 MPH Gusting to 34.1 MPH
Anatomy of a Murder [Blu-Ray]
Producer/director Otto Preminger was the son of an Austrian public prosecutor, and despite a desire to work in the world of theater, he dutifully followed his fathers advice first and went to law school. While this legal training turned out to be but a brief detour from his ... ...
massive landslide that crippled the mine last month. The company declined to release the number of workers let go until it notifies each of them, said Kennecott spokesman Kyle Bennett. All of them were salaried positions in a variety of jobs and roles across the operation, he said. Kennecott has looked at cutting costs, including personnel, since the April 10 slide. "We have to make sure ...
Official Relationship Action Map (you can trust anything that has both "Official" and "Action" in the title), as well as a new video that recaps the previous four seasons in eight ...
Kendrick Lamar will be performing at The Great Saltair this evening. Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock and Kid Ink are also on the bill. The shows starts at ...
Writing about the LDS faith as an outsider can be tricky. Pop culture is rife with mocking representations of members. So, imagine the minefield that local artist Chris Hoffman is wading through as he launches his comic book Salt City Strangers featuring an all-LDS superhero ...
istockphoto (AP) WEST POINT, Utah -- A teenager was arrested Thursday in the deaths of his two younger brothers, ages 4 and 10, at the family home in a Utah subdivision of new homes and tidy lawns, police said. Davis County Sheriff Todd Richardson said authorities believe the boys died from knife wounds. It appears the 15-year-old boy acted alone, he said. "As result of the emerging ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Le Meridien Noumea, New Caledonia
This deluxe hotel is reputedly the finest in New Caledonia. The drive from Tontouta international airport is 45 minutes and ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Salt Lake City SunSalt Lake City Sun – Salt Lake City News, Business & Finance
The Salt Lake City Sun is essentially a local Salt Lake City newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Salt Lake City, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Salt Lake City, Utah, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Salt Lake City Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- Improved Models Predict Active 2013 Hurricane Season
- Pictures Top 10 Newly Discovered Species of 2012
- NH Forest Officials Find Invasive Beetle In 5-Percent Of Concord Trees
- Taking Cover A Guide to Tornado Shelters
- Mormon church on board with Boy Scouts rule change
- High school baseball Bingham overwhelms rival Riverton in five innings to earn 5A title game berth
- Lack of aid from the Fed has investors worried
- Big U.S. cities growing
- U.S. new home sales increasing
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Trailblazer Sri Srinivasan creates history as top US judge
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Jury rules for Trump over 87-year-old woman in Chicago hotel dispute
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parents Loneliness
- Trump wins lawsuit against elderly woman
- Haas Dusseldorf run ends in retirement
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- GM recalls nearly 20000 new Cadillac SRX SUVs
- LIVE The Top 10 Future Tech Trends From 5 Top Venture Capitalists
- Judge evidence shows Apple colluded to fix e-book prices
- ITC Microsoft Xbox doesnt violate Motorola Mobility patent
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Leonard Nimoy Supports Star Trek Writers Kickstarter-Funded Project
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Salt Lake City Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Utah Task Force 1 ready for any disaster
- Utah teen held in deaths of brothers
- Vivint Solar of Utah outdoes Hawaii solar contractors in stated permit values
- Utah boy 15 arrested in deaths of younger brothers
- Utah 15-year-old held in slaying of his brothers 4 and 10