(22 mins ago) NYSE Euronext with spin off European stock exchange group Euronext via an initial public offer rather than sell it following its merger with InterContinentalExchange, a senior executive said. ';It will be an IPO,'' said deputy chief executive Dominique Cerutti on the sidelines of the launch of EnterNext, NYSE Euronext's new exchange for small and medium-sized ...
U.S. stocks recovered from steep declines Thursday to end only modestly lower as investors discounted concerns about the Federal Reserve curtailing its bond buying ...
earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster shook Japan's economy. The sharp plunge this week spooked investors in China and Europe, leading to sizable stock market losses around the globe. In the United States, stocks clawed back from steep losses. Thursday's sell-off was triggered ...
U.S. stocks fall modestly Thursday, substantially paring intraday losses after upbeat U.S. economic reports and gains for Hewlett-Packard Co. countered worries about the Federal Reserve potentially tapering its bond-buying ...
This particular screen produced 237 results, from which we selected the 15 companies with the lowest P/E ratios. All companies that made the list have a P/E well below 10, but their average five-year earnings-per-share growth rate is an impressive 23 per cent a year.None of these companies is guaranteed to beat the market, but screens such as this can be a useful tool for pointing out ...
64.0°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the SW at 13.2 MPH Gusting to 34.1 MPH
Anatomy of a Murder [Blu-Ray]
Producer/director Otto Preminger was the son of an Austrian public prosecutor, and despite a desire to work in the world of theater, he dutifully followed his fathers advice first and went to law school. While this legal training turned out to be but a brief detour from his ... ...
Please register your email address to reach this content. If you are already a subscriber, you can log in using the blue box at the top of this page.Should you require assistance, please contact us on 08 9288 2100 during office ...
Thursday, May 30, 2013 the spun-out shares of DREAM Unlimited will be added to all the same indices where Dundee Corporation is a constituent. The close price of Dundee Corporation will be reduced by the close price (when-issued market) of DREAM Unlimited and no new divisors will be calculated for any ...
The Shadow, the hero of a 1930s radio show, could see the evil lurking in the hearts of men. Unfortunately, consumers can't always see the trouble lurking in another kind of shadow -- the shadow bank -- until it's too ...
hat am Donnerstag seine anfnglichen Verlusten nahezu vollstndig eingedmmt. berraschend starke Daten vom US-Immobilienmarkt sorgten fr eine Stimmungsaufhellung, nachdem zum Handelsstart vor allem schwache Wirtschaftsdaten aus China belastet hatten. Der US-Leitindex, der tags zuvor noch auf ein Rekordhoch bei rund 15.542 Punkten gestiegen war, ging mit minus 0,08 Prozent bei 15.294,50 Punkten ...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks fell modestly on Thursday, but finished well off their lowest intraday levels after upbeat U.S. economic reports and gains for Hewlett-Packard Co. countered worries about the Federal Reserve potentially tapering its bond-buying program. The S&P 500 ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Le Meridien Noumea, New Caledonia
This deluxe hotel is reputedly the finest in New Caledonia. The drive from Tontouta international airport is 45 minutes and ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Salt Lake City SunSalt Lake City Sun – Salt Lake City News, Business & Finance
The Salt Lake City Sun is essentially a local Salt Lake City newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Salt Lake City, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Salt Lake City, Utah, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Salt Lake City Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Improved Models Predict Active 2013 Hurricane Season
- Pictures Top 10 Newly Discovered Species of 2012
- NH Forest Officials Find Invasive Beetle In 5-Percent Of Concord Trees
- Taking Cover A Guide to Tornado Shelters
- Country diary Allendale Northumberland Hedgehogs have everything they need in this garden
- Sister Frances J. Monsons legacy of love celebrated during funeral services
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of Americas policy vote
- McCostly What the Quarter Pounder Index says about cost of living
- High school boys soccer Lehi beats Bingham captures 5A state title
- Mormon church on board with Boy Scouts rule change
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Shinde reviews cooperation with U.S
- Jury rules for Trump over 87-year-old woman in Chicago hotel dispute
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parents Loneliness
- Trump wins lawsuit against elderly woman
- Haas Dusseldorf run ends in retirement
- BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi star Paul Shane dies aged 72 after short illness
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- GM recalls nearly 20000 new Cadillac SRX SUVs
- Japan bonds stability ‘extremely desirable’Kuroda
- iPhone 5 repairs arent cheap -- its the replacement parts
- Kenya UNHCR Microsoft and HP to Boost Refugee Education in Dadaab
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Salt Lake City Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Utah Task Force 1 ready for any disaster
- Utah teen held in deaths of brothers
- Vivint Solar of Utah outdoes Hawaii solar contractors in stated permit values
- Utah boy 15 arrested in deaths of younger brothers
- Utah 15-year-old held in slaying of his brothers 4 and 10